Monday, October 26, 2009

Examiner Articles: Healthier Halloween

I'm starting a short series this week on how to have a healthier Halloween. To me, Halloween starts what I call "The Eating Season." Don't tell me you don't know what it is. One day you're just cruising through life, taking brisk walks in the crisp autumn air, raking up piles of orange leaves. And then the next day you're in the throes of a candy corn-gasm. (Yes, I said it.) Everyone has "seasonal" treats - Pumpkin pie shakes! Pumpkin Lattes! Pumpkin Spice Hershey's Kisses! And that's just the pumpkin stuff. It's everywhere and it is a serious challenge to keep yourself from going off the deep end and disappearing into a bag of fun size Snickers. But there's no need to cave. By following (and revisiting, if necessary) a few simple rules, you'll be able to stay on track. Today's article features 5 tips to control the sugar frenzy. Let me know how YOU handle this time of year.

No comments: