Sunday, May 17, 2009

BBQ Re-Do

When the weather warms up, we love to barbecue. One of the challenges I face is that I love the taste of it all so much that I have a hard time controlling myself. I just want to eat everything! Recently, I started making mini burgers instead of regular sized burgers. I take two pounds of lean ground beef and add a little Montreal Steak Seasoning and some bread crumbs. I get about 16 mini burgers out of this. Not only is it built-in portion control, but they cook a lot faster. And you can eat two without feeling like you have to unzip your pants! My daughter is not a big meat eater and will rarely finish a regular sized burger. So these are perfect for her. (She still doesn't finish a whole one, but at least she doesn't waste as much!) For buns, I use dinner rolls. I set out the usual fixin's: cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickle, and red onion. They are delicious and everyone loves them. It's a great way to save a little money when you're having a party, too.

No comments: